Thursday, March 29, 2012

the Grand Experiment

I have been drawing up a new game world. (See the post previous to this) While thinking about origin stories for the major races, I've managed to think myself back to the origin of the gods on my new world. I've already done a world where a scientifically advanced race started, and consequently lost contact with, a colony. Didn't want to do that again. I was trying to avoid the magical gateway origin also. What I finally ended up using, was a single powerful divine being, finds the world and decides to live there. His name is Aeze (Ayes). Aeze lived contentedly for many years, but eventually became lonely. Aeze created children to live with him. 13 children did Aeze create. They are the 13 gods of Nojh, also the names of the months. Each of Aeze's children created a race in their own likeness. Now I shall busy myself with writing the separate stories of each of the gods, and how their children came to be.
It's amazing how things take on a life of their own....

No comments:

Post a Comment