Saturday, April 16, 2016

New Project

   Because I'm a glutton for punishment and I constantly need things to occupy my mind, I've started the brainstorming process on re-writing the classic S series modules. The re-write I did on Castle Amber was so much fun, I had to try again. Keep in mind the finished product of The Bloodrose campaign bears no semblance to the original. OK, maybe the fact that it centers on one family, but that's it.
   I'll start at the beginning with S1 Tomb of Horrors. Possibly my second favorite module because it's so trap heavy. S2 White Plume Mountain might be a bit more challenging. S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks has been and always will be my absolute favorite module, that will be the most fun to convert. S4 The Lost Caverns of the Tsojcanth I haven't read through in some time so I can't say for certain how difficult it will be.
   I have original copies of the modules and will be immersing myself in the nostalgia with great glee.

   As the wife and I have declared this the year of the decrapping. I've been packing up the seldom looked at games in my collection. (I don't have that many people over anymore, so there really isn't a need to show off the wife's retirement fund.) We're turning the game room/office space into more of a crafting space. We're doing this because we've found we like making terrain and dioramas. My time on the lathe making wands has led me to carving. So I'm going to attempt some Cthulhu idols to sell in the etsy store.
   I know, I know... I chase a lot of chickens. If you don't, you'll get bored. Then your more than half way to boring. Who wants to be boring? I'm also planning a custom gaming table for us. And a shelf for displaying all the models I've bought and haven't built yet.
   Anyhoo, that's what cranium deems worthy of my attention, at the moment.

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment