Monday, February 8, 2016

30 day D&D challenge. Day 8

Favorite PC of your own.

  Of all the characters I have played over the years, my favorite has to be a half elven bard. Ferix Shadoewood. When I played Ferix, it was a 1st edition game. As if there was any doubt.
   He started as a fighter in the King's guard. It gave us chance to use large scale battle rules and we gained levels fast. Not to mention we were playing with the costs for training also in force. Those give a different style of game. I can't really explain the difference, you will have to experience it.
   I stayed as a  fighter all the way to 8th level, then started in as a Thief. I had an in with the local thieves' guild because of a scouting mission I had done for the royal guards. All I needed was a reason. Found the reason buried in his world. The King sent me on a mission to root out spies in the kingdom. In order to do this, I was be trained as a thief. My characters' personal reason was to try and locate the assassin that killed the Prince 2 years earlier. The Prince was a personal friend of Ferix, and I did not take kindly to someone killing him.
   I only took Thief as far as 6th level due to series of bad decisions on my part. These plopped me down smack dab in the middle a war between Gnomes and Troglodytes. That's when I started in training as a Druid.
   After we completed White Plume Mountain, I could officially say I was Bard. I had made it. I was there, 16 hard fought levels but I had made it.... Our group broke up shortly after that and didn't get much chance to play him after that.
   I finally decided he had gone back to thieves guild to become a Guild master.
   I don't know why he is my favorite character but I keep coming back to the memories I made while playing him. Those were truly good times. Anyway, there you have it.

Happy Gaming!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment