Friday, February 5, 2016

30 day D&D challenge. Day 5

Favorite Die or Dice

   BEHOLD! THE ORANGE D20 OF DOOM!

   Feared by players. Coveted by rival DMs. This little murderer could almost roll a 20 on command. In front of players!
   Notice the rounded edges, denoting it's age. This die was the final epitaph for scores of PCs. Ask any of my players, past or recent. They will cringe at the mention of this beauty.
   It's has had as many let downs as it has had successes though. It let my Warlock die from Rachel's character's attack. Somewhere the is the dead body of Warlock floating across the landscape, invisible, loaded with magic items for someone enterprising enough to find it so that they can pillage it.
   Epic letdown: My halfling rogue Lucky. You remember him, right? Blew his pick pocket roll, and got busted by a Chaotic Evil Wizard, who in turn didn't kill him. Yet instead told him to obtain certain property from an unwilling donors. I went in, found the item, managed a few little extras for myself. All that and my little orange gem performed admirably. I will be the first one to admit that the reason that it failed me when picking the wizard's pocket is because I was showing off. That's what we call "Instant Karma" round these parts.
   Rest assured The Orange D20 of Doom has an entire collection of like colored friends. Though none are as lethal. This one has been my companion at the table for longer than I can remember. I tend to get sentimental about this particular piece of plastic. But I'm a dice hoarder as well, and a minis hoarder, and a book hoarder for that matter.
   Maybe one day I'll build it a little glass case and set it on the mantle to fondly remember old times.





Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment