Saturday, February 20, 2016

30 Day D&D challenge. Day 20

Favorite Humanoid/Giant/Fey

   I've been thinking about his one since yesterday. Haven't come up with a lot of material in regards to a favorite, so I'm just gonna type for a while and see what happens.

   I've used Giants in adventures and worlds before. Just not with any great deal of frequency. There is an Doug McClure movie called Warlords of Atlantis. My recollection of this movie is severely fogged. I remember a diving bell and a giant octopus. I seem to remember (and it's probably completely wrong I'm sure) dinosaurs, specifically triceratops throwing themselves at a wall or cliff face. There were huge cannons? maybe shooting at them. Anyway... The point of this wildly inaccurate trip down misinterpreted memory lane is that I had this idea for steam age dwarves repelling giants as they attack a gigantic wall or cliff face. I've just never really taken the time to sit down and flesh it out. The Giants would be feral, not possessing a great deal of intelligence, maybe even a more caveman like giants riding dinosaurs... I don't know if I'll ever find a place for something like that, but I'm working on it. Should make for an interesting setting.

   so... Fey. Not really sure if there is anything useful I can offer about them. I'm still looking for that interesting way that suits me. Other than turning elves different colors, there isn't a whole that jumps out at me. Maybe one day.

   I thought I would think of more to write about. Guess I've hit a stumbling block. Need to go find some inspiration. Maybe a Ray Harryhausen movie...

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment